Caring for pregnant women through a normal pregnancy and childbirth is an area of priority for Womens Center (TM).
Womens center is dedicated to serving families through excellence in individualized care.We believe the birth of your baby is one of the most important events in your lifetime. As each individual is unique, so is each pregnancy and birthing experience.
Your first visit
On your first visit to our center, we will
- Take a detailed history- present and past
- Do a thorough examination
- Do lab investigations as required
- Do an ultrasound examination depending on how far you are into the pregnancy
- Discuss your pregnancy and its possible course.
How often will your antenatal visits be?
As each pregnancy is unique you will be called back for antenatal visits according to when your Obstretician thinks it is required. The recommended routine is as early as possible and then every 4 to 6 weeks until 7 months of pregnancy, then every 2 weeks until 9 months, and then weekly until the baby arrives
What will be done during your subsequent visits?
- You will be examined by your obstetrician
- Investigations will be done as required
- Discuss about your pregnancy and its course
Assess your baby’s growth
An ultrasound scan has been proven to be an easy,painless and safe way of assessing your baby.It is routinely offered to all mothers at 3 months and at 5-6 months to make sure that the baby is structurally normal.
In addition to the ultrasound ,other blood tests are now available which can increase the chance of detecting certain abnormalities in the baby.
At certain points during the pregnancy , you will be able to see the growth of your baby using 3D & 4D ultra sound technologies. CD’s of then 3D image can be obtained on request at a nominal charge.
Value added services
- Birthing Suites - private spacious birthing suites equipped with a Jacuzzi,music system and personal nursing care are available.
- Have your family share the joy of labour with you - Mothers who desire to have their husbands or other family members with them during labour can request for this service.
- “Getting ready for breast feeding” - These are free classes run by a lactation consultant.
Sign up for our pregnancy classes which will help you understand the changes that you may experience during pregnancy, deal with the various facets of pregnancy and to prepare you adequately for the arrival of your bundle of joy.
For more details please click this link Pregnancy Classes
Diet and Nutrition
Our dietician will talk to you about the nutritional requirements during pregnancy, DO’s and DONTS’s in the kind of food you consume and advise you on the right kind of diet for your pregnancy. Individualised counseling may be particularly helpful for mothers who are under weight or overweight, diabetic or hypertensive.
For more details please click this link Diet and Nutrition
The objective is to guide these women through their pregnancy with emphasis on preventive care. Good prenatal preparation and care results in an increased probability of normal deliveries and less problems for the mother and the newborn. Emphasis is placed on offering prenatal education and making the experience of childbirth less stressful and more enjoyable for the entire family. Individual care and attention is offered to healthy women to monitor and guide them. The program also helps mothers to get back into shape after delivery and cope up with motherhood better.